The Community Assistance Program (CAP) provides basic needs and case management services for the low income and homeless residents of the Ojai Valley.
C.A.P. SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Monthly Food Pantry
- Fresh Produce Giveaway
- Rental Assistance (Limited)
- Utility Assistance (Once a year up to $100 on electric and gas bills)
- Case management services including:
- Financial assessment
- Employment support
- Home visits
- Help with house searching
- Twice monthly “HELP” bags of food for homebound seniors and the disabled
- Senior Share Food Program
- Medical Copays (Limited)
- Services for homeless people: Ojai residents only. Homeless to home intensive case management program.
- H.E.A.P. (Home Energy Assistance Program) – available year round, this program assists with gas or electric bills for qualified, low-income applicants.
- Assistance with filling out government forms, and advocacy for same.
- CalFresh (food stamps) and Medi-CAL/Affordable health care representatives onsite (limited times).
- Coordinating with other Ventura County agencies as needed.
“When my husband was laid off from his job we thought he would find something else soon and we would be alright. One month became two months and there wasn’t any work out there. Rent was right around the corner. What was I going to do? I don’t want my kids to be homeless. HELP’s CAP (Community Assistance Program) saved my life by paying our rent. Without that help we would be on the streets.” – program participant
HELP’s Community Assistance Program is located at 108 Fox Street, Ojai, CA 93023.
Phone: (805) 640-3320, Fax: (805) 640-3322 or e-mail CAP through the form below.